Links

Monday 24 March 2014

Max Factor Haul - Whipped Creme foundation, Miracle Touch Creamy blush, False Lash Effect mascara, and more!



If there's one thing I love more than Boots' 3 for 2 deals, it's when they give a little box of free things if you spend a certain amount on a specific brand. Max Factor is currently sporting that wonderful deal and needless to say I went for it!

While I'm here, I can't neglect to mention that this is my first experience of any Max Factor products besides gazing in awe at the range of cute little duo-chrome nail polishes they do in Boots. It wouldn't be wrong to say that the high prices piqued my curiosity.



Firstly I picked up a Whipped Creme foundation (in the shade 45 Warm Almond). It's more for my mum than me as I don't like to wear foundation, but I know I'll be using it if I have a very bad skin day in the future (which I guarantee I'll have). The consistency is gorgeous and once it's blended in, you wouldn't know that you wear wearing it! A little of this goes a very long way.



As the foundation was only £9.99, I chose a Miracle Touch Creamy blush for myself (in the shade 3 Soft Copper). I'd been lusting after this product since they first came out! I'd always thought £6.99 was quite a lot for a minuscule pot of cream blush, but it is again a case of a little going a long way. It's not easily worn down either. While the pot is tiny, the cream is tightly packed together. Perfect for holidays due to how compact it is!

Now onto the free bits and bobs! I was so pleased that the products they'd included in the gift box were full size! It's always a let down when those gift boxes just contain a travel sized product and a random sample sachet of anti-aging lotion that I'm not going to need for a few decades. Max Factor's box did not disappoint!




First was the False Lash Effect Waterproof Mascara in Brown Black. I was so excited about this! Max Factor mascaras are usually about £11.99 and I've always been intrigued by them but never bothered to buy one - why take the risk when my beloved Mac Extended Play Gigablack Lash mascara is only two pounds more? I wasn't let down by this, it built lovely subtle volume for my stumpy thick lashes. While it was great on me, I think the silicone wand would be absolutely perfect for someone with thinner lashes. I wouldn't use this for a dramatic night look though. For me, it was very "my lashes but MUCH better". I think I'll be repurchasing this once it has run out!



I think the last two free bits go hand in hand. (And are also special editions for the free gift set!)
I haven't tried the Glossfinity nail polish (in the shade 119 Forever Glam) yet as the colour is a very hot pink and suited more for summer than this weird fickle Sprinter season (Spring-Winter) that we're having at the moment. I've heard lots of good things about these nail polishes but I've never tried them before as my nails are really brittle and flakey so I'm not really the biggest fan of nail polish. But I know this shade will be making a pedicure appearance this summer.



Then there's the Colour Elixir lipgloss (in the shade 60 Polished Fuchsia). I have to admit that I am SO impressed with this! I don't like lipgloss most of the time. It's pretty windy where I live and my hair is very unruly so my face ends up looking like a toddler's craft project if I walk around wearing lipgloss! The shade also frightened me, too - I'm much more vampy reds than I am Barbie hot pinks! However this gave the most subtle pop of colour and it wasn't sticky at all. In consistency it felt no different to my regular lip balms. It was so lightweight for a gloss and stayed on for a good four hours without requiring reapplication. I'm so pleased with this! Next time I'm looking for a lipgloss, I know I'll be nipping to the Max Factor counter!

Have you tried anything from Max Factor?





26 comments:

  1. The lipgloss looks amazing, so shiny! :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, I was so amazed by how it wasn't gloopy! xx

      Delete
  2. That mascara is my absolute go to and has been for years! I recommend to everybody!

    madelinemtodd.blogspot.co.uk

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so surprised by it! I can't believe how little exposure it gets when it's so amazing! Thanks for your comment :) xx

      Delete
  3. I've ever really tried Max Factor before but that foundation sounds great!!!

    Josie xoxo | Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth a try, I don't think you'll be disappointed! :) xx

      Delete
  4. I love Max Factor, I think they are quite underrated. They do the best high street mascara in my opinion!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely agreed that they're underrated! This might become my next Holy Grail mascara! xx

      Delete
  5. I will tell you this, MAX FACTOR IS AN AMAZING BRAND! Years ago, I don't know if you ever heard of it, but they use to have this foundation that in like a stick. I loved the coverage and everything else about it. I would still be using it if they didn't discontinue it. This makes me want to check out there new products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I'd tried their products sooner! Shame they discontinued it, I hate it when brands do that :/ Their new stuff is perfect though, I can't believe how underrated they are! xx

      Delete
  6. you are nominated for a liebster award! check out the video on my profile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll be sure to check out your post :) xx

      Delete
  7. I adore that mascara, been using it for years! And the cream foundation looks nice, might have to keep an eye out for it :)
    Cute blog, I'm a new follower :) Check out my blog too if you fancy

    Alixe
    Efflorescent Dream
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, this was such a nice comment to wake up to :) I'm glad you like that mascara, I can't believe how many people like it yet I've heard virtually nothing about it! I've followed you back! xx

      Delete
  8. Tbh i love max factor product . I use few of them . And im quite interesting on those creamy blush(its not sold at my country). ♥

    Thanks for review

    Xx
    theanotherpartofme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like them :) I hope they release the cream blushes in your country! xx

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. It's definitely worth the price, and I'm a total convert to cream blushes now! Thanks for your comment :) xx

      Delete
  10. Just followed your lovely blog ;) love it, Max Factor is definitely a brand I need to try more of, I use the Waterproof mascara most days but haven't really tried any of their other products, going to have to pick up one of the blushes, I've always been put off by the small size too x

    EmmiHearts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one who was put off by the small size initially haha :') I followed you back! xx

      Delete
  11. Lip gloss look fabulous. Nice post dear.
    I found your blog very interesting.Great photos and posts.
    I was wondering we can connect and follow each other (Bloglovin and Twitter )if you like my blog too.
    Greetings from:-
    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I followed you on bloglovin! xx

      Delete
  12. I love the colour of the lipgloss!

    Liz, Blog | Store x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too, it's so Barbie-like haha :) xx

      Delete
  13. The whipped creme looks amazing! Worth a try.
    www.styleandbeautyforless.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's surprisingly light for mousse-style foundation! Thank you for your comment :) xx

      Delete

Hey, thank you in advance for commenting! :D I love reading and replying to each and every one of them, it's always nice hearing from people who've enjoyed my blog :) I disabled word verification to make it easier for you so go nuts! :') Have a lovely day xx