Links

Tuesday 11 March 2014

Garnier Micellar Water Review


As per usual, I’m a little late to jump on the bandwagon of a beauty trend. Micellar water is no exception to this rule.

Inspired by Kayleigh of the beauty blog Couture Girl who did a post about it, I went out and bought a bottle of my own.


Until now, I’ve been using make-up wipes to remove my make-up at the end of the day. However this is inconvenient for me as I never wear a full face of makeup eg. Foundation, primer – I only do eye makeup, lipstick, highlighting, concealing, blush and very, very occasionally contouring if I’m feeling dangerous. As makeup wipes usually come in packs of about 25, it’s a bit of waste for me to use a wipe a day on just my eyes and occasionally my cheeks – the wipes aren’t cheap! The brands I usually use are the Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel ones (£3.39) or the St. Ives Gentle Cleansing Wipes (£3.05). Seeing as I’d go through a pack of these every 25 days, it just felt wasteful and expensive when I could just pick up a bottle of make-up remover for a similar price or a few pounds extra that could last me 10 times longer.

“Why don’t I just use liquid makeup remover?” I hear you ask. I have very sensitive eyes when it comes to liquids. They can take a beating from eye shadow, mascara and eyeliner, but when it comes to removers, my peepers are not easy to please. All of the ones I’ve tried have given me red, sore eyes.

So, you can imagine my delight when I found out that Garnier’s Micellar water is suitable for “even sensitive skin”! Feeling daring, I purchased a bottle with high hopes after all of the hype I’d heard.

I wasn’t disappointed. This is a great makeup remover for really sensitive eyes! I’m so pleased with this, finally an economical solution to removing my makeup! It’s not as efficient as some of the removers I’ve tried in the past, but it doesn’t matter because this one doesn’t give me sore eyes unlike the others, which is such a relief.

According to the packaging, the 400ml bottle contains 200 uses. Seeing as this is meant to be used all over the face and I only use it for my eyes, I will probably use quite a bit less per daily use. This means I can use this product for 200 days as opposed to the 25 days I have per packet of wipes.

And considering the price of £4.99, this is way better for my wallet than the wipes.

Thank you Garnier for bringing out a more affordable and available version of the £9.99 Bioderma one which kicked off the trend.


Have you used Micellar water? What did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thank you in advance for commenting! :D I love reading and replying to each and every one of them, it's always nice hearing from people who've enjoyed my blog :) I disabled word verification to make it easier for you so go nuts! :') Have a lovely day xx