Links

Saturday 5 April 2014

Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Foundation REVIEW and SWATCH (in the shade Nude)


I received a sachet of the Maybelline Superstay Better Skin foundation in the shade Nude a few copies of Glamour ago. I never got around to using it as I am not a big fan of foundation - especially not heavy coverage ones! 
However, I finally gave it a chance today and I am still not sure about how I feel. 


Maybelline says...

"Our foundation improves the look of your skin every time you wear it. Skin looks better today, tomorrow and beyond. 
Better Skin reduces the appearance of dull, blotchy and uneven skin, leaving you with flawless, hydrated, even and glowing skin. 
It evens out discolouration and brightens dull areas, providing a healthy looking glow from day to night. 
The formula is suitable for sensitive skin, contains no perfume, and is non-comedogenic. It is tested under dermatological control."


A natural skeptic, I'm quite dubious of products which claim to have double effects that are completely different to each other - e.g covering blemishes but also improving the condition of skin. 
The product claims it requires repeat use for the user to be able to see any of the effects they promise, but as I only have one sachet and not a full bottle, I can't comment on that. 



As you can see, it just looks like your standard foundation before blended out. Basic skin coloured liquid, you all know the drill. The Nude colour looks very different to my natural skin tone (quite a bit more orange) before it's blended out. 



I thought that it was relatively difficult to blend out - as are most heavy and if you have blemishes, spot scarring, or dry patches, then this foundation might take quite a while to blend in. I would recommend using a brush or beauty blender with this product as I used my fingers and it took ages!



As you can see, my hands have a lot of fine wrinkles. The foundation was good for a few hours but then it began to sink into the wrinkles whilst disappearing on the rest of my skin. 
Also, my hands don't have any dry patches but my face does. Due to the clingy nature of this foundation, I would suggest that girls with drier skin stay clear of this as I can see it lingering around and highlighting any dry patchers you may have. 

Overall, as a girl who prefers the lightest foundation possible, I'll be giving this one a miss. However, I'd love to know if the apparent blemish reducing effects are actually as good as Maybelline claims - have you tried this before? What did you think?


If you liked this post, follow me on GFC and Bloglovin for more! Be sure to leave a comment with a link to your blog so that I can follow you back! :)
Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. I should probably stay clear of this foundation since I have quite dry skin, but I've always been curious about products that claim to better your skin overtime, and I wonder if they actually do work...!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably for the best. And same, it would be interesting if someone tested something like this alongside a normal foundation! xx

      Delete
  2. What a shame, it sucks when something doesn't live up to its expectations! At least it was only a sample :-)

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, that's what they're there for :) I don't think it's a bad product however, just one that isn't for me! xx

      Delete
  3. This review is great, really detailed and helpful, I have a sample i'm still yet to use. x

    http://loudoesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the detailed review, I think I have a sample too so i'll be sure to try before I buy!
    Josie xoxo | Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  5. great review...i have dry patches so i will stay away from this one even though i like a heavy coverage :D

    www.simplymee89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought this in Ivory a few weeks back - currently testing it and its one of the darkest 'light shades' i've ever tried - still cant work out how I feel about it!!!

    Stevie
    VintageAndVans

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thank you in advance for commenting! :D I love reading and replying to each and every one of them, it's always nice hearing from people who've enjoyed my blog :) I disabled word verification to make it easier for you so go nuts! :') Have a lovely day xx